Have you ever thought about spending your summer at a top-ranked business school?
We’re delighted to announce the IE Summer School 2015. We are now accepting applications from candidates to come to Madrid to join students from all over the world for a unique and dynamic 3 week course!
Who can apply?
The IE Summer School is open for all undergraduate students from any background and recent graduates with less than two years of work experience.
Do I need to know Spanish?
All the core courses are taught in English. Students who are not proficient in Spanish will join an additional Spanish course to learn the 3rd most spoken language in the world!
When does the IE Summer School take place?
For 3 weeks, from July 13th – July 31st.
Where will I spend the duration of the program?
Our summer school will take place at our Madrid campus located in the heart of the city. Specifically, it is situated in the Salamanca neighborhood, where most of the big banks and companies are located, as well as numerous shops, bars, and restaurants.
How is IE Summer School Structured? What will I learn?
Week 1: During the first week students will participate in a number of soft-skill workshops oriented at improving their interpersonal skills.
Week 2: The second week is designed to give students a well-rounded view of the different areas that make up modern organizations: marketing, finance, communications, big data.
Week 3: Students will specialize in one of the following tracks:
- International Relations: Join the International Relations track and learn about the consequences of globalization and how we, as global citizens, can stimulate development, reduce inequality, solve conflicts, and promote democracy.
- Entrepreneurship: The Entrepreneurship track will give you an overview of the main topics related to the entrepreneurial process.
- International Business Law: The International Business Law track will allow you to experience what it’s really like to handle cross-border transactions and global clients by working on practical cases that will show you what practicing law in the international environment means.
Added to this, extracurricular activities will be organized throughout the three weeks:
- Visits to museums and other cultural activities such as a field trip to Segovia
- Visits to companies and start-ups
- Social events: welcome cocktail & farewell dinner
This sounds like me, how can I apply?
Applicants must complete a simple registration form with personal and academic information. Once you submit it you will be interviewed to verify your English level (no English diploma is required). Find out more about the application process here.
When is the deadline to submit my application?
Applications must be submitted before June 30th, 2015.
Where can I stay for the duration of the program?
Housing in a double room is included in the price. Students will stay in one of the two buildings The Residence has within a 2-10 minute walk from the IE Campus. Housing applications will be processed in the order they are received until all available bed spaces are filled. All meals are included Monday-Friday.
How diverse is the class going to be?
IE Summer School 2014 was a great success!
- Age Range: 18-24 (average age: 22.5 years)
- Nationalities Represented: 11
- 60% Females, 40% Males
- Academic Backgrounds: Business Administration, Law, Philosophy, Cultural Studies, History, International Relations, Ethnology, Communication, Industrial Engineering, Construction Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, PR & Advertising, Marketing, International Management.
How much does the program cost?
Price: 3.300€. This includes:
- Housing & Meals
- Tuition Fees
- Extracurricular activities
- An early bird-discount will be applied to students who make their place reservation before May 15th 2015.
What will a typical day look like at IE Summer School? Where can I found out more about the specializations? You can find out more and apply here, on the IE Summer School 2015 website. We look forward to receiving your application!